July 27, 2022
This week's Looking Back photo shows Duda restaurant and gas station with Dixcel sign on top on Route 4 south of Staunton (then Route 66) in about 1930. It was owned and operated by Aloise and Eleanor Duda, the late Leroy Duda's parents. Ray Duda's parents were living in Chicago when Aloise called Ray's dad to come to Staunton to run the filling station, which he did.
DeCamp Station is currently at this location....