Staunton Star - Times - Published in the Interest of the Staunton Community for Over 143 Years

Looking Back


This week's Looking Back photo is the property of Marie (Ahrens) Mindrup of Alhambra. It shows the Evangelical Zion Church that was once part of DeCamp village at DeCamp Mine. The building in the background is the village store/tavern.

DeCamp Mine was located south of Staunton, off of State Route 4 on DeCamp Road. The DeCamp Coal Mining Company was in operation from 1903 until November 1913.


For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/29/2022 18:37