Staunton Star - Times - Published in the Interest of the Staunton Community for Over 143 Years

Looking Back

 

This week's Looking Back photo wass brought in by Marie (Ahrens) Mindrup of Alhambra. It shows the Riddel Saloon at DeCamp, the mining town of the very early 1900s located south of Staunton and west of Route 4. This saloon, now a private residence, is the only building that remains of the town of DeCamp. DeCamp Mine was in operation from 1903 until November 1913.

Marie grew up next to the abandoned mine site on DeCamp Road.

...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021